* Name: Kyle Blakely
* Organization: Blakely + Company and Axio
* Position: President
* Hometown: Manhattan, Kan.
* How long have you lived in Colorado Springs: 13 years
* Education: Kansas State University, bachelor’s degree in marketing
* A few words about your company: Blakely + Company is a full-service marketing and public relations firm. We provide everything from strategic planning on through execution of marketing programs and advertising campaigns. Axio is a creative services and graphic design firm specializing in brand realization – the effective communication of a company’s brand.
* Recent accomplishments: I’m just finishing a class in Denver called the Leadership Program of the Rockies. The class has people from all over Colorado who are interested in statewide politics and issues.
* Biggest career break: My first job in advertising was with a firm in Wichita, Kan., and they moved me to Colorado Springs to handle a local account. That gave me a chance to get to know the community and eventually stay here.
* The toughest part of your job: Making myself do the things I don’t do well.
* Someone you admire: My father. He passed away six years ago. He didn’t have much growing up and he worked hard to see that we had the opportunities he didn’t.
* About your family: I have a daughter who will be seven this month. She’s good at reminding me to have fun once in awhile.
* Something else you’d like to accomplish: Become a published author.
* How your business will change in the next decade: Probably more and more specialization. But if you look at our trade publications, they’re talking about the same issues today that they were 10 years ago.
* What book are you currently reading? “Down and Dirty Pictures: Miramax, Sundance and the Rise of Independent Film”
* What is the one thing you would change about Colorado Springs? I’d like it to rain more.