* Name: Gene Sanchez
* Organization: Zehcnas Inc.
* Position: President and CEO
* Hometown: One foot in Chama, CO. (San Luis Valley), One foot in Colorado Springs, CO.
* How long have you lived in Colorado Springs: 30-plus Years
* Education: Associate’s degree from El Paso Community College, 11 years active and reserve duty in the U.S. Marines, participant Desert Storm
* A few words about your company: Zehcnas (zek’ nas) is a full-service, single point-of-contact technology company offering voice, video and data solutions to help you fully benefit from your equipment and software needs (Demarc to Desktop). Our tailored solutions help you maximize your IT and Telecommunications dollars and increase your daily productivity.
Zehcnas’ solutions cross a client’s entire network, integrating existing and state-of-the-art technical products. Engineering design, project management, deployment, implementation and maintenance are supported at all levels.
* Recent accomplishments: Doubled the membership of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Colorado Springs (HCC) and stabilized revenue streams during my two-year term as president of the Board of Directors. This work was strategically designed and implemented with the solid HCC Board of Directors and the executive director and could not have been accomplished without the enthusiastic synergy of all members of the HCC team.
* Biggest career break: Pioneering the Category 1-5 Cabling and receiving Patent # Des.346, 789.
* The toughest part of your job: Trying to determine how to be omnipresent.
* Someone you admire: My mentor Dimas Vialpando, who recently moved on to the next life. Words from Dimas that I will remember for life “The hard is easy and the impossible just takes a little longer.”
* About your family: God has blessed me with two of the most intelligent and respectful children ever. My daughter Amy is in her third year of teaching high school in School District 11, and my son Jose recently graduated from UCCS with a degree in computer science and will soon join the ranks of the world’s finest, the U.S. Marine Corps. Brenda is the special person in my life who sticks with me through thick and thin, and her three beautiful children Jacquelyn, Joseph and Selena. As we say in Spanish “Este es mi Familia.”
* Something else you’d like to accomplish: God guides me to where I need to be next and opens the door to my next task&
* How your business will change in the next decade: Through the company’s concepts and methodologies of quality craftsmanship, superior customer service, and product development of integrated voice, video and data solutions, Zehcnas Inc. will more than double its growth and expand into international markets.
* What book are you currently reading? “By the Lake of Sleeping Children (The Secret Life of the Mexican Border)” by Luis Alberto Urrea
* What is the one thing you would change about Colorado Springs? The City of Colorado Springs is no longer a small town, its time to grow up&