* Name: Kathy Boe
* Organization: Boecore Inc.
* Position: President & CEO
* Hometown: Simi Valley, Calif.
* How long have you lived in Colorado Springs: 15 years
* Education: BS Management, Pepperdine University, AA General Studies, Moorpark College
* A few words about your company: Boecore was founded in 2000 and has approximately 100 technical engineers and support professionals in the Colorado Springs area. We also have technical staff in Omaha, Neb., Hawaii, and New Mexico. Boecore provides technical staff to in the defense and commercial sectors. Boecore has recently been awarded long term sub-contracts with several large defense companies to deliver information technology services. Boecore is a private, small, woman-owned business.
* Recent accomplishments:
o Second fastest growing women-owned company in the state of Colorado
o Triple digit growth for the last three years. Since the company’s inception less than four years ago revenue has grown from $387,000 in 2001 to a projected $6.4 million in 2004. This phenomenal revenue growth occurred despite a depressed high-tech job market in Colorado Springs and nationwide, a scenario which typically presents challenging growth prospects for a technical services company.
o Recently expanded to the Wells Fargo building downtown
o Recently offered expanded benefit package to employees
* Biggest career break: Courage to quit a lucrative career and start my own company
* The toughest part of your job: Not being able to help all of the technical applicants who need a job.
* Someone you admire: Jeff Smith, founder of Classic homes, who first gave me the idea to go out on my own and start a technical services company.
* About your family: Married for 18 years. My husband Scott is a huge contributor at Boecore in the areas of sub-contract and proposal management, business development and operations. We have three wonderful children ages 15, 12 and 6. Our children are very active in school and many community athletic programs including tennis, soccer, baseball, basketball and softball.
* Something else you’d like to accomplish: Expand Boecore in a few strategic locations to support existing customer base.
* How your business will change in the next decade: Continue to expand in the commercial sector while sustaining and growing our defense business while creating opportunities at Boecore for longer term employment.
* What book are you currently reading? “Managing Double Digit Growth” by Michael Treacy and “The Divinci Code” by Dan Brown
* What is the one thing you would change about Colorado Springs? I love Colorado Springs. I don’t really have any major complaints.