* Name: Kathleen Vanden Broecke
* Organization: Effective Business Solutions
* Position: Founder and owner
* Hometown: Minneapolis
* How long have you lived in Colorado Springs: Eight years
* Education: Bachelor of arts in education from Concordia College in Moorhead, Minn. Sales training from the best, including Tony Robbins, Stephen Covey, Harvey Macay and Zig Ziggler
* A few words about your company: Effective Business Solutions offers consulting, implementation and training for the ACT! Database Management software. We customize this specialized software to the specific needs of different industries and business types
* Recent accomplishments: Reaching ACT! premier training level and completing certification course for ACT! 2005
* Biggest career break: Elimination of my position at my former employer, inspiring me to start my business.
* The toughest part of your job: Keeping up with ever changing technology
* Someone you admire: My mother
* About your family: My husband, Rob, is a pilot. My stepson, Rob, age 25, is in commercial leasing, and Scott, age 21, is a chef – both live in Minneapolis.
* Something else you’d like to accomplish: Hike to the summit of Pikes Peak
* How your business will change in the next decade: Computers and software are changing at an exponential rate, as are methods of communicating with prospects and clients. Adapting to those changes for my business and assisting my clients will become a larger focus.
* What book are you currently reading? “Getting Everything You Can Out of all You’ve Got – 21 Ways you can Out-Think, Out-Perform & Out-Earn the Competition” by Jay Abraham
* What is the one thing you would change about Colorado Springs? More direct flight destinations from the Colorado Springs Airport.