* Name: Chuck Kocher
* Organization: ACTION International Business Coaching
* Position: President/franchise owner/master business coach
* Hometown: Bergenfield, N.J.
* How long have you lived in Colorado Springs: four-plus years
* Education: It should never end! B.A. from Rowan University, MBA Penn State, Center for Creative Leadership, Leadership Development Program, AA Advanced Academy of Logistics, coaching certification ACTION International.
* A few words about your company: We provide exceptional business coaching through world-class products and services that enable Springs’ businesses to build successful and sustainable businesses that will eventually run without the business owner. We also build the value of business to position it to be sold outright or transferred to employees. We have programs that start at the group coaching level and graduate to one-on-one business coaching and go on to full-business coaching.
* Recent accomplishments: I was published in the book, “Walking with the Wise 2,” and we launched a local business radio show “Talking Business& Taking ACTION” that airs Saturday mornings at 9:30 on KZNT 1460.
* Biggest career break: Taking the leap from corporate and building a great business two years later. Failure is simply not an option.
* The toughest part of your job: Saying no. I can coach and help just about every business but not every business is ready to be helped. Not all business owners are ready to make the commitment to achieve success.
* Someone you admire: My mom, who is now 82. She successfully raised five teenagers on her own. She taught me that there is nothing you cannot do if you put your mind to it.
* About your family: My wife, Kit, and I have been married for 14 great years. Kit is the vice-president of human resources at a local software company. We have two wonderful children: Ryan is 10 years old and Makayla is 4 years old.
* Something else you’d like to accomplish: I would like to write a series of books on business success. I would also like to teach entrepreneurship at the university level and speak internationally.
* How your business will change in the next decade: Business coaching will be come more of a requirement for success than a luxury. Business coaching will need to evolve with the changing needs of business.
* What book are you currently reading? “The E-Myth Mastery” by Michael E. Gerber. This is a great book for both the aspiring entrepreneur and the entrepreneur who wants to go to the next level.
n What is the one thing you would change about Colorado Springs? I would change the way that we and people outside of the Springs view our business community. Let’s make the Springs the number one destination for all businesses both small and large. Let’s put more of a focus on the great and successful businesses that we already have here in the Springs. All the ingredients are here: location, talent, passion and great business support organizations. All we need is the vision, the plan and the commitment.