* Name: Marta Erhard
* Organization: CorVirtus
* Position: Founder and partner
* Hometown: Talara, Peru
* How long have you lived in Colorado Springs: 10 years
* Education: Bachelor’s degree, Scripps College; master’s degree in personnel and employee relations, University of South Carolina
* A few words about your company: CorVirtus supports customers in 15 countries and the United States as a strategic partner and supplier of particular expertise or products. In strategic partnerships, we develop comprehensive stakeholder strategies starting with a detailed vision of success and implement vision through education, process development, branding and measurement. As a supplier, CorVirtus offers employee and management selection procedures, stakeholder surveys, performance management and leader development.
* Recent accomplishments: Participating in the Colorado Springs Leadership Institute and Leadership Pikes Peak to learn about our community, our leaders and opportunities to contribute. I currently have the privilege to chair the community board of directors for the Chancellor’s Leadership Class at UCCS, and serve as board member for Goodwill Industries, Pikes Peak United Way and the Colorado Festival of World Theatre.
* Biggest career break: One of the best decisions my husband and business partner, Tom, and I made was to start and build our business. We have been able to define our own business practices, put into place specific principles and beliefs, and apply what we research, develop and teach to our customers. Today we have 35 excellent teammates and the pleasure of working with leaders of high performing companies across industries.
* Someone you admire: I respect and appreciate people who work hard, are purposeful and are a positive influence on others through their words and actions.
* About your family: My two grown step-children, Meredith and Miles, live in Colorado and our three Airedales run our household.
* Something else you’d like to accomplish: In addition to increasing my civic involvement, I would enjoy spending more time painting.
* How your business will change in the next decade: At CorVirtus we are constantly conducting research and development to better support our customers. I anticipate developing new product and entering new industries.
* What books are you currently reading? “A Year to Live,” by Stephen Levine (it is about living consciously and well) and “Good Business,” by Mihaly Csikszentimihalyi.
* What is the one thing you would change about Colorado Springs? I would like to see a commonly shared vision, a greater culture of philanthropy and service mindedness and a widespread commitment to invest in the future of our community.