* Name: Randy Geving
* Organization: Six and Geving Insurance Inc., 3630 Sinton Road, Colorado Springs
* Position: Co-owner
* Hometown: Walker, Minn. (population 900)
* Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration from Concordia College, Moorhead, Minn.
* A few words about your company: Six and Geving Insurance started in 1991 as an independent insurance agency with the mission of responding to the insurance needs of businesses in our community with integrity and trust.
Wayne Six and I met over a year earlier and discovered we shared a similar view about our industry and serving the customer. We quickly became agents for more insurance companies and had the good fortune to add high quality, experienced agents and staff.
With a branch office in the Denver metro area, we are now up to 40 total staff.
* Recent accomplishment: I am pleased to serve on a number of boards in our community and the insurance industry and continue to try to contribute in that way. There are new educational achievements I also feel good about and much more I want to do in that area.
Personally, helping my 8-year-old son build a Pinewood Derby car for Cub Scouts means just as much as most professional accomplishments.
* Biggest career break: My biggest career break was joining Wayne Six as a partner in our business. A partnership is a great thing if your goals are the same and you can complement the strengths of each other.
Another big break for me was joining Prospectors Association, a leads group, over 20 years ago and forming strong friendships and business contacts with other members.
* The toughest part of your job: Time. It is very hard to find enough face-to-face time with all our clients to review and anticipate the risks they face in their businesses.
* Someone you admire: I admire our president, George Bush. Under constant criticism, he stands on principles he believes in and tries to keep the big picture in mind at all times.
* About your family: My family is what keeps me grounded. My wife of 25 years, Sandi, is also my best friend. She and I are very busy keeping up with the activities of our two children, Lindsay (daughter, age 11) and Carson (son, age 8). We enjoy just being together.
* Something you would like to accomplish: I want to see our firm become the most effective resource in risk management for businesses here and mature the business relationships we have already established. On a personal level, I would like to work with business people to assist them in understanding their purpose.
* How your business will change in the next decade: The insurance industry is constantly evolving. There are fewer, but larger, providers of insurance products and services available to consumers.
* What book are you currently reading? “The Purpose Driven Life,” by Rick Warren.
* What is one thing you would change about Colorado Springs? I am grateful to live in a beautiful place with such great opportunity. There is nothing I would be able to suggest right now that is not already under way.