Summer health and fitness fair on tap
KDZA Oldies and the Pueblo Convention Center are hosting the Summer Health and Fitness Fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 21 at the convention center.
The fair will feature businesses and their products that offer the latest in health, fitness and medicine. There is no charge to attend.
PR society hosting professional development workshop
The Pikes Peak Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America is offering a one-day professional development workshop from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 23 at the Tesla Educational Opportunity Center, 2560 International Circle, Rooms 112, 113 and 116.
The workshop will include a variety of sessions covering crisis communications, marketing and how psychology can improve your business relationships.
Costs range from $20 for single session to $70 for the full day for PRSA, IABC and COSPRA members. The cost for non-members is $90.
RSVP to Ken Hunter at 473-0704 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library offering business, investment programs
The Pikes Peak library District is offering the following programs about business and investment.
* Minding Your Business: Learn about business resources available at the library by attending a free tour before the library opens from 8:30 to 10 a.m. May 25 at the Penrose Library. Registration is not necessary. For more information, call 531-6333, ext 2308.
* Investment Tools @ your library: Thinking of investing in a company? Learn how to research company information and how to follow company or mutual fund performance from 8:30 to 10 a.m. May 26 at the Penrose Library. Sources will include Value Line and Morningstar, subscription databases on the library’s Web site, and other Internet sites. For more information, call 531-6333, ext. 2308.
Ent Federal hosting several seminars
Ent Federal Credit Union is hosting the following seminars at 4545 Galley Road, unless otherwise noted.
* Raising Money Smart, BALANCE Financial Fitness Program, 6 to 7:30 p.m. May 26. Call 550-6095 for reservations.
* Give Yourself Credit: Preparing for Your First Loan, 10 a.m. to noon, May 28. Call 550-6095 for reservations.
* Ent@ccess Bill Pay – Paying Bills Online is Easy, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., June 1, Ent Federal Operations Center, 7250, Campus Drive. Call 550-6095 for reservations.
AFA Band final chamber recital slated
The U.S. Air Force Academy Band’s final Chamber Recital Series, featuring the Blue Steel Combo, is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. May 26 at Colorado College’s Packard Hall, on the corner of Cache La Poudre and Cascade.
The concert is free and open to the public, and tickets are not required.