$9.3 million for state energy assistance this year
Energy Outreach Colorado plans to distribute $9.36 million statewide through its 2007-08 programs to help households afford home energy.
The money which Energy Outreach raises through thousands of donations from individuals, foundations, corporations and government sources, includes:
- $5.4 million for energy assistance payments contributed to a statewide network of 100 assistance agencies that operate year round.
- $2.15 million donated to the state’s Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) that operates November through April
- $800,000 contributed to 18 affordable housing organizations to increase the energy efficiency of their homes
- $635,000 to provide weatherization services to nonprofit facilities such as shelters and residential treatment centers to lower their energy costs
- $309,000 to distribute free energy saving kits to limited-income households
- $70,000 to fund education and outreach programs promoting energy efficiency
For information about how to get assistance, or to make a donation, visit www.EnergyOutreach.org or call (866) HEAT-HELP (866-432-8435).