Post office offers holiday mailing tips, deadlines
The holiday season means a lot of differing things to different people, but for the post office it surely means one thing – a lot of work.
Postal carriers will deliver an estimated 21 billion pieces of mail this season.
So, to ensure smooth, timely delivery of holiday packages, the Colorado Springs branch of the United States Post Office offers these tips and deadlines.
- The deadline to ensure packages are delivered by Christmas day is Dec. 20 and Dec. 22 for express mail.
- The deadline to ensure mail is delivered to overseas U.S. troops in time for Christmas is Dec. 11 and Dec. 17 for express mail.
- Packages should be mailed in a sturdy box with no writing on the outside
- Package food in leak-proof containers
- Packages can be mailed from home byvisiting USPS.com’s Click-N-Ship page to print postage labels and schedule a free pickup.
- Mail early to avoid express mail fees or winter storms that can delay deliveries.