If you haven’t thrown out that Christmas tree yet, there are still a few places in town that will recycle your tree and turn it into mulch.
Tree recycling will be available at the following locations between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Jan. 5 and 6. A fee of $5 is charged for the recycling and mulch is offered on a first-come first-served basis.
– Baptist Road Trailhead, Baptist and Old Denver roads
– Cottonwood Creek Park, Dublin Boulevard and Montarbor Drive
– Verizon building, 30th Street and Garden of the Gods Road
– Memorial Park, Union Boulevard and Pikes Peak Avenue
– Security Service Field, Barnes Road and Charlotte Parkway
– Falcon Trailhead – Southwest of Woodmen and McLaughlin roads