An additional $31,818 of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act money will be used for the Woodmen Road project and $125,000 will repair erosion on Interstate in Monument.
The $157,000 is in addition to $13.1 million already allocated. The Colorado Department of Transportation Region 2 will receive a total of $61 million in stimulus money and Colorado Springs will receive $9 million in transit money.
The board of directors for PPACG also added several projects to the regional transportation plan that prioritizes transportation projects through 2035. The board approved new projects for fiscal year 2010.
The new projects are:
- Mountain Metropolitan Transit Routes 5, 25,14 bus stop improvements – $132,000
- Gleneagle pedestrian improves – $32,000
- Fairview Street Sidewalk improvements in Woodland Park – $175,000
- Canon Avenue bridge repair in Manitou Springs – $275,000
- Falcon Area Park and Ride storm water BMP demonstration site – $58,240