Oct. 9 furloughs to close state offices
Many state government offices will be closed Friday, Oct. 9, for the second of four employee furlough days.
And, Monday is the Columbus Day holiday for state agencies.
Friday closures include:
- Driver’s license offices
- The Department of Public Health and Environment vital-records office
- History museums
- Executive branch department executive offices.
State services that will be operating as usual Friday include:
- State colleges
- State parks (except for visitor centers)
- Division of Wildlife service centers
- The Department of Transportation’s Traffic Operations Center
- The state unemployment benefits office
- The Secretary of State’s, Treasurer’s and Attorney General’s offices.
Two remaining furlough days are scheduled for Nov. 27 and Dec. 31.
The furloughs are expected to save $13.6 million.