The list of Top 10 Places was compiled by HotelsCombined.com.
Weather permitting, The Broadmoor puts on a fireworks display for guests and members on July 4.
The resort offers paddleboat races, a “Huck Finn” catch-and-release fishing contest and other family games for members and guests throughout the weekend. July Fourth is one of the busiest holidays for The Broadmoor, communications director Allison Scott said.
Here is HotelsCombined.com Top 10 list of places to celebrate Independence Day:
1. The Hay-Adams Hotel – Washington D.C. – Spend Independence Day in America’s capital city learning about presidential patriots and the nation’s history at the Smithsonian, the Washington Monument and the Capitol Building, all within walking distance from this classic hotel.
2. The Liberty Hotel – Boston, Mass. – Make the Fourth of July a weekend celebration with a walk on the freedom trail, a Boston POPS! concert Saturday night, and the glow of fireworks exploding over the banks of The Charles River viewed from this historic hotel on Sunday.
3. Hotel Del Coronado – Coronado, Calif. – Immerse in surf, sand and sun at this grand hotel, while enjoying the island life minutes from San Diego. The Coronado celebration includes the annual parade along Orange Avenue, Art-in-the-Park, concerts in Spreckles Park and a fireworks finale over San Diego Bay.
4. Millennium Hotel – Saint Louis, Mo. – Get the best “Red, White and Arc View” 28 stories above the cityscape while staying at this exceptional hotel. Walking distance to the Saint Louis Fair, enjoy holiday festivities all weekend long with a parade, air shows and performance from John Legend.
5. St. Giles Hotel – New York City, N.Y. – This trendy hotel nestled in the middle of Manhattan takes guests on a Fireworks Cruise from a New York City water taxi during the famous 33rd Macy’s Fourth of July Fireworks event, showcasing 120,000 fireworks from around the world.
6. The Roosevelt Hotel – New Orleans, La. – Travelers spice up a holiday getaway with Cajun cuisine, outdoor jazz concerts, firework spectacular along the banks of the Mississippi River, streetcar ride through the Garden District, or walk down Bourbon Street and through the historic French Quarter.
7. Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa – Honolulu, Hawaii – After honoring the nation’s fallen heroes at Pearl Harbor, enjoy a Friday night fireworks show at this Waikiki Beach hotel and the state’s largest Fourth of July fireworks spectacular, outdoor concert and shopping discounts at the nearby Ala Moana Center.
8. The Mansion on Peachtree Hotel – Atlanta, Ga. – Enjoy a Fourth of July barbeque at the hotel before basking in the panoramic views of the picturesque skyline of Atlanta while watching the Lenox Mall Fireworks from the 45th floor of this luxurious hotel.
9. The Broadmoor – Colorado Springs, Colo. - This historic resort, nestled in the mountains of Colorado, offers guests the opportunity to celebrate the freedom to explore the outdoors this Independence Day while riding horses, racing down bike trails and floating down the springs in a paddle boat on Cheyenne Lake.
10. Crowne Plaza Riverfront Hotel – Jacksonville, Fla. – Explore the downtown Independence Day festivals and attractions before getting up close and personal to Florida’s finest fireworks display, the Jacksonville Freedom, Fanfair and Fireworks Festival, at this exceptional riverfront hotel.