Private industry employer costs

Filed under: Daily News | Tags:

In June, private-industry employer costs for employee pay ranged broadly among the four geographic regions of the nation.

In the West, average costs for compensation were $24.69 per hour, and the Midwest was $26.64 per hour. The lowest region was the South, at $24.69 per hour, while the highest was the Northeast, at $32 per hour, according to the latest Bureau of Labor Statistics report.

Overall, costs averaged $27.64 per hour worked. Wages and salaries, at $19.53, accounted for nearly 71 percent of these costs, while benefits, at $8.11, made up the remaining 29.4 percent.

In the Mountain division – which includes Colorado, Montana, Utah and Wyoming – total compensation costs averaged $26.62 per hour. At $19.32, wages and salaries accounted for 72.6 percent of these costs, while benefits, at $7.31, made up the remaining 27.4 percent.

To view the complete report, visit the bureau’s website.