National Symposium on Homeland Security agenda
The Colorado Springs Business Journal will be covering the National Symposium on Homeland Security Oct. 27-29 at The Broadmoor. Amy Gillentine will live-blog and twitter reports over the course three-day event, which includes a keynote speech by Janet Napolitano, secretary of homeland security for the U.S. government.
Wednesday, Oct. 27
- 1 p.m. – Opening ceremony presentation Boeing Conference Hall
- 1:10-1:45 p.m. – Keynote presentation by Gen. Norton Schwartz, United States Air Force chief of staff
- 1:45-2:30 p.m. – Should cybersecrity be decentralized? Panel discussion
- 3-3:30 p.m. Are you solving today’s cyber challenges with yesterday’s concepts?
- 3:30 to 4:15 p.m. – Einstein: is this the future of cybersecurity?
- 4:15-4:45 p.m. – Building an architecture of trust: the network’s role in securing cyberspace
- 4:45-5:15 p.m. – Mike Brown, deputy assistant secretary for cybersecurity and communications, Department of Homeland Security
Thursday, Oct. 28
- 9 to 9:35 a.m. – Keynote: Lt. Gen Robert Schmidle Jr., deputy commander US Cyber Command
- 10:40 to 11:25 a.m. – Not what we’ve been preparing for: the Growing Threat posed by regional cyber conflicts. Panel discussion
- 1:30-2 p.m. – Janet Napolitano, secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
- 2-2:45 p.m. – Securing our nation’s energy infrastructure. Panel discussion
- 2:45-3:15 p.m. – Raytheon coffee break
- 3:15-4 p.m. – How can industry help DoD and DHS develop and deploy new technologies? Panel discussion
- 4-4:30 p.m. – Dr. Paul Stockton, assistant secretary of defense for Homeland Defense and Americas’ Security Affairs
- 7 -9 p.m. – Northrop Grumman Conference Banquet with special guest, Maj. Drew Dix, U.S. Army Medal of Honor recipient.
Friday, Oct. 29
- 8:30 a.m. – Gerald Burkwalter, vice president of homeland security, Northrop Grumman
- 8:35-9:15 a.m. – The national security case for Building Greater Infrastructure Resilience. Dr. Stephen Flynn, president of the Center for National Policy.
- 9:15-10 a.m. – Training and higher educational priorities that assure security of the nation’s critical infrastructure. Panel discussion
- 10:30-11:15 a.m. – What is DoD’s strategy to comply with the engery goals and mandates, and how can industry help. Panel discussion
- 11:15-11:45. a.m. – Adm. James Winnefeld, commander of NORAD and U.S. Northern Command
- 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. – Closing remarks by Gen. Victor Renaurt, retired, U.S. Air Force.