Do you agree with the ‘Live it Up’ redesign decision?

Filed under: Daily News,Tourism | Tags:, ,

The Colorado Springs branding task force has decided to work  with local artists to redesign its Live it Up logo. The art will change but the slogan, “Live it Up,” will remain.

About $ 111,000 was paid to create the slogan and logo. The redesign will cost another $5,000.

Do you agree with the task force’s decision to change direction? Do you feel that the new course is a waste of money? Do you applaud the task force for opening the redesign process to the local community?

Give us your thoughts with a comment below, and vote in this week’s CSBJ Poll.

12 Responses to Do you agree with the ‘Live it Up’ redesign decision?

1. Obviously a bad choice in artwork. I wish I could be the 10 year old who got the $111,000 to come up with this design. I don’t know who to blame more, the design firm or the branding task force. This was probably the designer’s “extra design that they will never pick” just to give them more options and make it look like they earned that $111K.

Josh Olson
    December 12, 2011 at 1:21 pm

2. ” WAKE-UP-AMERICA ”

THIS ONE’s on ew

OHLSON, E. W.
    December 12, 2011 at 1:23 pm

3. ” LIVE IT UP ” NO, NO. NO. NO.

ew

OHLSON, E. W.
    December 12, 2011 at 1:31 pm

4. My husband and I were walking downtown a few weeks ago & right across from City Hall (on Nevada) there a a shop called “The Patriot Store” – prominently featured in the window next to American flags and numerous patriotic items was a T-shirt that says, “God Hates Fags”.

Where is the outrage!?!? Why is so much money being spent to re-brand the city when it could be spent on Community Building so that this sort of hate speech (especially across from City Hall) is an unacceptable part of being a citizen of Colorado Springs???

With the Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado leaving town and this kind of intolerance being accepted, Colorado Springs is on its way to another national news fiasco…colorful logos & catchy slogans can’t change reality…

Elissa
    December 12, 2011 at 1:32 pm

5. I felt the logo appeared to be an amateur effort, and did not represent our area very well. I agree we should redesign the logo. Wish they would recreate the tag line as well.

Overall, I think $116,000 is a lot of money to spend on a city logo. A better effort would have been made if the city were to have asked the local community to design the logo and tag line, with the reward, for the efforts, being a grant or scholarships to the winner. Believe we would have had great ideas for a lot less money.

MLO
    December 12, 2011 at 1:52 pm

6. The logo is fine. It’s the slogan that needs to be revised.

G'maConnie
    December 12, 2011 at 1:55 pm

7. I believe the CVB has made the right decision. Frankly, that ‘brand’ was way too simple. It was like clip-art gone wrong. At least get the shape of our mountain correctly depicted!

Ellen
    December 12, 2011 at 2:00 pm

8. If I understand correctly, the additional $5,000.00 came from individuals on the committee.

Rosanne Gain
    December 12, 2011 at 2:26 pm

9. “Live It Up” sounds irresponsible and non-caring. Surely we don’t intend to be taking lightly!

We are a loving caring comunity devoted to being responsible for ourselves and family, caring for this great town in which we live and then helping other less fortunate.

S. Martin`
    December 12, 2011 at 2:51 pm

10. >> With the Gay & ******* Fund for Colorado leaving town …..

…………. so, is the ‘L’ word offensive to you Elissa ? This kind of intolerance simply cannot be accepted in our ‘Live it up’ town !! ……. Live it UP, people !

Like it'll matter .....
    December 12, 2011 at 4:26 pm

11. I didn’t bleep anything in my post (why would I bleep the name of an organization?) That was done by “the moderator” before it was posted…

Elissa
    December 13, 2011 at 11:20 am

12. The CSBJ doesn’t edit comments on the Internet. We have a delayed system to prevent spam attacks.

Amy Gillentine