Remembering Cindy Fowler

Filed under: Daily News |

Community volunteer Cindy Fowler passed away earlier this week. She was 53.

Fowler, who had been battling cancer, went into hospice Tuesday.

Fowler sat on the boards of  several local nonprofits and founded Cowgirls & Cocktails, a fundraiser to help other breast-cancer patients.

Service are scheduled for 1 p.m. Monday, March 5 at the Temple Emanneul, 51 Grape St. in Denver.  The family is asking for donations to Cowgirls & Cocktails in lieu of flowers. Send donations in care of Stockamn Bank 601 N. Nevada Ave., 80903.

Below are links to Business Journal stories about Fowler, who was named a Woman of Influence twice and won the Athena award in 2010.

Fowler a Woman of Influence, 2011

Fowler honored with Athena award, 2010

Fowler a Woman of Influence, 2007

6 Responses to Remembering Cindy Fowler

1. What a great loss…my deepest condolences to those who were closest to Cindy. She will be missed, but her life will be celebrated for a long time.

Jill Johnson
    March 1, 2012 at 1:08 pm

2. Cindy Fowler was really one of a kind. She took her own adversity and totally turned it into a way to help others less fortunate. We were most fortunate to have had her in our midst.

CJ
    March 1, 2012 at 1:33 pm

3. A beautiful person and a class act. My family was blessed to know her.

George Hess
    March 1, 2012 at 2:11 pm

4. Worked with Cindy on the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo and she always had a smile and a kind word. Cindy was a pleasure to be with and had a positive impact on all who knew her. She will be missed.

Chris Jones
    March 1, 2012 at 3:06 pm

5. Cindy was one of my favorite people to work with at the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo. She was always friendly to my wife and myself and will surely be missed in Colorado Springs. She was one special lady and I’ll always remember her great smile and willingness to make friends. My sympathies to Chuck and their family. Sincerely, Spence

Spencer O. Swann
    March 1, 2012 at 3:12 pm

6. I was blessed to have Cindy as a neighbor and a friend. Her legacy to all of us is her dedication to family, community and the non profits she was involved with. Keep her spirit alive by volunteering in the community. Cindy gave so much to us. Warm thoughts and prayers to Chuck and Emily.
    Mike Finkbiner