Pikes Peak United Way gave more than $379,268 to 10 charities who are helping victims of the Waldo Canyon fire.
The group paid the money from donations specifically for fire victims, and gave the money to organizations that were on the forefront of relief efforts. Recipient services included: rental and income assistance, mental health services, case management, daycare, personal goods and shelting animals.
The list of award recipients:
- Westside Cares, $112,000
- Mercy’s Gate, $65,095
- Housing Authority of Colorado Springs, $45,000
- Discover Goodwill, $43,569
- Redistribution Center, $35,000
- Norris Penrose Event Center, $32,369.67
- Ecumenical Social Ministries, $20,480
- AspenPointe, $18,752
- Cheyenne Village, $4,372.54
- Diaknoia, $2,648.67