April 15, all area post office retail windows will be open regular hours only.
However, the following offices will accept prepaid, pre-stamped tax returns for postmarking only. Mail can be dropped in outside collection boxes before midnight at the following Colorado Springs locations:
· Briargate Station, 8585 Criterion Drive;
· Cheyenne Mountain, 1540 S. 8th St.;
· Cimarron, 5925 E. Gallery Road;
· General Mail Facility, 3655 E. Fountain Blvd.; and
· Templeton Station, 4356 Montebello Drive;
There will be no retail services, but the collection boxes outside the office will be available for properly stamped envelopes.
Customers can call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) to find out the regular customer service hours of their local post office.
Tax mailing tips:
· Apply the proper postage or stamps, especially if enclosing extra forms and schedules. Using a number 2 envelope. First class postage costs 49 cents for the first ounce.
· For heavier envelopes, add extra stamps or postage amounting to 20 cents for each additional ounce.
· If you are not sure about the correct postage, it is best to add additional stamps, or take your forms to the post office to ensure that correct postage is applied.
· Make sure you print the proper IRS address on the front of the envelope.
· Print your return address in the upper-left-hand corner of your tax mail envelope.
· Customers who wish certification that their tax mail form was sent should send it certified mail.
· Customers with IRS tax questions can contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040, or go to www.irs.gov.